The battle news and the military offensive operations of the Myanmar Army in Arakan in the month of September 2020
17 September 2020
The Arakan Army (ULA/AA) along with Our Brotherhood Alliance of the Kokang (MNTJP/MNDAA) and the Ta'ang (PSLF/TNLA) has declared a unilateral ceasefire again with the aim to effectively facilitate the tasks of combating and prevention of the spread of Coronavirus Pandemic, practical tasks in conformity with the peace process, and 2020 general election.
During this period of such the declaration, we did our best to retain any fighting except for self-defense. As a result, the number of battles has lessened significantly. However, the battles are breaking out on a daily basis due to the fact that the war criminal, invading fascist, terrorist Myanmar Army has been constantly launching the massive offensive assaults, taking advantage of our unilateral ceasefire and the Coronavirus Pandemic.
There were fighting especially in the townships of Rathedaung, Buthedaung, Kyauktaw, Mrauk-U, Paletwa, Myebon, and Ann due to the Military Preparations and Operations of the Myanmar Army.
In addition, the Myanmar Army has imposed curfew laws on almost all of Arakan as a pretext for the prevention and combating of the widespread Coronavirus. Taking such the curfew laws imposition as another opportunity, the Myanmar Army has continuously been sending the major reinforcements across the Arakan through the ways of the sea-land-air and they have been profiting on the military and politics.
On the other hand, the death toll from innocent civilian casualties (children, women, pregnant women) has risen sharply due to the fact that the Myanmar Army has been targeting villages with heavy artilleries and firing the heavy and light weapons along the river from their navy gunboats.
Therefore, the civilians should have a "monitoring system" in place when the Myanmar Army navy gunboats are moving and to take precautionary measures against the dangers of the heavy and light weapons fired from the navy gunboats. It is reminded and recommended to set up safe bomb shelters in the houses of villages along the river bank.
There were more than 10 clashes due to the Myanmar Army's massive offensive attacks between September 1 and 17.
(1) On September 3, 2020, the 9th Light Infantry Battalion (LIB) based in Thein-Seik, under the command of the 44th Light Infantry Division deliberately torched two villages of the Hpa-Ra-Baung and Taung-Pauk in Kyauktaw Township, without any fighting and two innocent civilians were also killed by the 9th LIB.
(2) On 4 September 2020, the clashes broke out at the distance of 800 meters away from the southwest of Amyat-Taung village, Rathedaung Township because of the Myanmar Army's the massive offensive attacks
(3) On 6 September 2020, the clashes broke out and lasted for about half and an hour in the mountain ranges at the southwest of Kha-Mi-Chaung village, Buthedaung Township.
(4) On 7 September 2020, the clashes broke out and lasted for a few minutes in the mountain ranges at the southwest of Kha-Mi-Chaung village, Buthedaung Township.
(5) At 9:49 am, on 8 September 2020, a fortified encampment at "Nay-Char" mountain of a battalion (still under investigation) under the command of the 66th LID of the war criminal racial extremist invading Myanmar Army had deliberately been firing for 15 times into Nyaung Khat Kan (Nyaung Kan) village in Myebon Township without any fighting in that area. Therefore, four innocent civilians were killed instantly and eleven others from Nyaung Khat Kan (Nyaung Kan) village were got small, medium, and severe injuries by the hit of artillery shell's pieces. The other person is still unconscious until now.
(6) On September 9, 2020, the clashes broke out at the distance of 4.5 km away from the west of Pin-Nay-Ta-Pin Village, Paletwa Township.
(7) On 12 September 2020, at about 12 noon the clashes broke out between Ra-Din village and Shwe-Chaung-Wa village (beside Sami-Paletwa road), Paletwa Township, and five enemies were killed.
(8) On 13 September 2020, our troops have been bombarded by a drone in the environs of Kyauk-Tan village, Rathedaung Township, where the Myanmar Army had declared to conduct the "Clearance Operations".
(9) At 4:30 pm on 14 September 2020, the clashes broke out and lasted for a few minutes at the distance of 1 km away from the southwest of Kha-Mi-Chaung village, Buthedaung Township.
(10) At about 3:13 pm on 15 September 2020, the clashes broke out on Point (397) at the distance of 2 km away from the northwest of Anyin-Wa village, Paletwa Township.
(11) At about 9:30 am on 16 September 2020, the clashes broke out on Point (825) at the distance of 2.6 km away from the northwest of Upper Pe-Yar village, Paletwa Township.
(12) At about 12 noon on 16 September 2020, the clashes also broke out at the distance of 1.1 km away from the west of Amyat-Taung village, Rathedaung Township.
(13) At about 12 noon on 16 September 2020, the clashes intensively broke out and lasted for an hour and 30 minutes due to the massive offensive assaults by the joint military column of the 118th LIB, the 263rd LID, 233rd LIB consisting 200 troops of the war criminal Myanmar Army against our troops at the distance of 1.5 km away from the southwest of Doe-Tan village, Buthedaung Township. The twelve were killed and over the ten were injured from the enemy side (eyewitness) and some of our troops also were injured.
(14) The invading fascist, war criminal, Myanmar Army has been firing the heavy weapons from artillery base, headquarters of battalions, and navy gunboats on a daily basis. The Myanmar Army's artillery shells exploded in Amyat-Taung village in Rathedaung Township, Nyaung-Kan village in Myebon Township, Thin-Ga-Nak village in Kyauktaw Township, Oppi-Taung village in Kyauktaw Township, Aung-Zay-Gone village in Rathedaung Township, La-Mu-Ta-Pin village in Kyauktaw Township, and She-Laung-Tin village in Rathedaung Township.
From September 1 to 16, 2020, 50 troops of the invading fascist war criminal Myanmar Army were killed by the Arakan Army, and more than 50 troops from the enemy side may have been wounded.
Some of our Arrakha soldiers and heroes who bravely fought for their fatherland of Arakan and people by scarifying their lives in these battles are proudly honoured and greatly recorded.