A child and four innocent civilians, five residents in total, from Kyauk-Yan-Thar-Si village in Rathedaung Township were injured as village hit by artillery shells firing from the invading war criminal Myanmar Army
23 August 2020
The number of Coronavirus infected cases has been rising in recent days in the Arakan region, and the outbreak has been soaring in Sittwe that a curfew has been imposed. At the same time, the Myanmar Army has been constantly sending major reinforcement to carry out a series of military operations, taking the combating and prevention of the spread of Coronavirus as an opportunity.
On 22 August 2020, without any fighting in that area the Myanmar Army deliberately fired artillery shells with racial hatred and prejudice into Kyauk-Yan-Thar-Si village in Rathedaung Township where they declared the "Clearance Operations" would be conducted, between 8:10 pm and 8:30 pm. The troops of Myanmar Army stationed at Ma Nyin Taung village had launched that attack.
As a result, a child and four innocent civilians were injured. The injured are as follows:
(1) Ma Myat Lai Thu, 3-year-old, the artillery shell hit on the right side of her head. (Father-U Kyaw Aye, Mother- Daw Aye Than Nu)
(2) Daw Aye Than Nu, 43-year-old, the artillery shell hit on the back of her head. The skull was crushed and severely injured. She is in critical condition. (Father-U Aung Thein Soe, Mother-Daw Aye Sein Hla)
(3) Ma Khine Lin Wai, 16-year-old, the artillery shell struck near her left breast. Underneath her left arm, the pieces of the shell hit through and she was moderately injured. (Father-U Aye Sein Maung, Mother-Daw Khin Chay)
(4) U Kyaw Aye, 45-year-old, the pieces of artillery shell hit on his right chest, left chest, left and right insteps (Father-U Nga / Than Daing, Mother-Daw Sein Win Nu)
(5) U Tun Tin, 35-year-old, the pieces of artillery shell hit on the right of his head and temple.(Father-U Maung Than Nu, Mother-Daw U Mya Than)
The invading war criminal Myanmar Army has been committing such war criminal and sabotage acts so many times throughout Arakan and Paletwa regions.
We have elaborately recorded the genocidal acts, crimes against humanity targeting ethnic cleansing, and war crimes committed by the racial extremist Myanmar Army, and all the evidence are going to send to "International Organizations".