The Statement on the news released by Tatmadaw True News Information Team on 6 July 2020 is not related to the United League of Arakan/Arakan Army (ULA/AA)
9 July 2020
The Tatmadaw True News Information Team released a statement to form “Court of Inquiry” for investigation of the incident in Chat-Pyin village and Maung-Nu village on 6 July 2020.
Two Myanmar state-owned newspapers, the New Light of Myanmar and the Mirror, have published news referencing the whole initial report issued by the Tatmadaw True News Information Team. However, the Tatmadaw True News Information Team later replaced the ARSA in the place of AA in its statement. Similarly, the New Light of Myanmar and the Mirror also printed “to read corrected news” on 8 July 2020.
The press release is as follows;
1. Information has already been released on 29 June that further investigations over the incidents in Chat-Pyin and Maung-Nu villages which have been linked to the attacks by the ARSA terrorists in Buthidaung and Maungdaw regions will be taken.
2. It was announced to carry out the necessary investigations to establish the facts related to the case of Chat-Pyin and Maung-Nu villages, The Special Investigation Tribunal, comprising the following members was formed on July 2, 2020.
(A) Major General Myat Kyaw (Chairperson)
(B) Colonel Than Hlaing (Member)
(C) Colonel Than Naing (Member)
The Tatmadaw True News Information Team
We would like to clarify this information;
1. The Tatmadaw True News Information Team described the term “AA” firstly and they replaced ARSA in the place of AA as an amendment.
2. The year the Myanmar Army committed mass killing of Muslims in Buthidaung and Maungdaw was in 2017. Myanmar is facing the genocide charges before the International Court of Justice (ICJ) over the case.
3. The International Community and the villagers in Chat-Pyin village and Maung-Nu village have known that the Arakan Army did not have military activities in the areas including Buthidaung and Maungdaw where Myanmar Army committed war crimes cruelly.
4. It is a heinous act of dishonesty that the Myanmar Army, which has been brazenly committing genocide and flagrant war crimes, mixes the name of our organization in the crimes they committed.
5. By looking at those in the Special Investigation Tribunal set up by the Myanmar Army, it is as if they themselves have been acting an opera as judges and trying to cover up their crimes.
6. They chorused and lured the public and the international community by prosecuting and reducing the punishment of perpetrators.
7. The Myanmar government and the Myanmar Army have declared our organization as an unlawful association and terrorist organization and their political attacks are far from the truth.
8. The Myanmar Army and the Myanmar government have been misusing “international terrorism law”. In addition, by misusing government authority the Myanmar Army and the Myanmar Government are attempting to cajole the world family.
In conclusion, such false news by the Tatmadaw True News Information Team is a deliberate attack of political assassination against our organization to mislead the International Community.
Therefore, we hereby declare that the news released by Tatmadaw True News Information Team on 6 July 2020 is nothing to do with the United League of Arakan/Arakan Army (ULA/AA).